Dental hygienists in Alabama are required to possess at least an associate’s degree from an accredited dental hygienist school in Alabama. Each state also requires dental hygienists to become licensed by the practicing state, and Alabama is no exception. Browse the list of dental hygienist schools in Alabama to see which program works for you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Alabama
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in Alabama
The dental hygienist cleans our teeth. This dental care professional scrapes away plaque, tartar, and other substances from our teeth. Dental hygienist focus on preventative dental health measures. They teach us how to properly brush and floss. During regular scheduled cleanings, they apply fluoride to our teeth. This substance aids in preventing cavities. Another cavity fighting agent, sealants, are applied by these professionals. Taking x-rays is also a function of the dental hygienist. The dental hygienist gets the film ready for the dentist. In addition, the hygienist is able to diagnose and record some gum diseases.
Dental hygienists are regulated by each state. States have the authority to dictate the other duties that can be performed by this professional. For instance, some states allow dental hygienist the freedom to apply local anesthetics. Other states allow them to give anesthetics by injection. The duties vary from state to state.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Alabama
Dental hygienist earn lucrative incomes. In fact, the average range is approximately $44,900 per year. Those who earn the middle figure make between $55,000 to $78,000 a year. The most highly paid dental hygienists in America make more than $91,000 per year.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Incredible growth is expected in the dental hygienist field. The aging population retain their teeth longer, and they need preventative dental care. Jobs are expected to increase as much as 36% in the next decade. Unemployment is projected to be extremely low. Growing patient populations will stem from more seniors and very young patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dental hygienist must have good manual dexterity. Also, people skills is a must. These professionals work directly with patients every day. In addition, the ability to work in a team setting is crucial. The dental hygienist is a part of the dental team. Along with the dentist and dental assistant, the dental hygienist is an important dental care professional.