A degree from one of the dental hygienist schools in Arkansas can help you prepare to become a professional dental hygienist. Formal training at a dental hygienist school ensures you will have the necessary background and skills needed to perform in this profession. Dental hygienists who plan to advance further should pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Dental Hygienists Schools in Arkansas
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Jobs in Arkansas
It is best if we receive cleanings by the dental hygienist twice a year. This is good preventative dental care. In fact, the dental hygienist mostly deals with preventing tooth decay. They are trained to clean teeth with special equipment. This rotating device can remove both soft and hard materials from the surface of the teeth. Sometimes deep tissue cleanings are necessary. This process is not very pleasant for patients. It involves getting deep into the gum tissue.
Preventative care lessons are given by the dental hygienist. They show us how to accurately brush and floss for optimum dental health. In addition, the application of fluoride and sealants provide protection from decay. Dental hygienists are trained to diagnose gum problems. They simply record any problems they see. The more advanced duties performed by dental hygienists are regulated by the individual state. States decide what a dental hygienist can and can not do. For example, one state may allow them to inject an anesthetic. Another state will give them authority to apply a topical anesthetic. The authority given fluctuates by individual states.
Dental Hygienists Salaries in Arkansas
The dental hygiene professional earns a good living. In fact, the average dental hygiene professional in Arkansas makes $60,380 annually. The middle 50% bring in incomes ranging from $55,000 to $78,000. More highly paid dental hygienists make more than $91,000 per year.
Job vacancies should increase in the years to come. This will be fueled by an expanding elderly population. Older Americans are keeping more of their natural teeth. Thus, preventative care will be needed. Also, parents are bringing in very young children for first visits.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dental hygienist works as a part of a team. Teamwork skills contribute to success. Also, dental hygienists must have excellent people skills. The patient interacts with them first. In addition, accuracy and skill are important in this career. A mistake can injure a patient.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.