The Importance of Dental Hygienists and Their Duties
A Dental Hygienist’s top priority is oral care and overall physical health of the patients they see each day. They look for and work to prevent tooth and/or gum diseases or irregularities. They educate people about dental health and show them how to perform good oral cleanliness. This education includes brushing, flossing and a person’s diet.
Some of the basic daily job duties for a Hygienist in the Dental industry are:
- Clean and inspect teeth and gums
- Polish teeth
- Take dental x-rays and develop the x-rays
- Educate people about oral hygiene
- Help patients to plan for root canals or other dental procedures
- Administer products on teeth that help prevent cavities
A Dental Hygienist is trained to be capable of making a diagnosis. Also, they may have to arrange medical and lab investigations as part of their daily work routine. The diagnosis and reports are performed for the Dentist. He or she deciphers the results and explains them to the patients. Often times, a hygienist is referred to as a dentist’s assistant because they work with the dentist, side by side, and assist with dental procedures with many patients.
The average yearly salary for Dental Hygienists was about $69,280 according to recent government reports. The annual income can range from approximately $46,020 to $94,850. What a person earns in this line of work can depend on locations, education and experience.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Becoming a Dental Hygienist and Schools that Offer the Programs
In order to become a Dental Hygienist, an individual will need to have a high school diploma or a GED and a college degree. A person will proceed with an undergraduate program and become registered as a Dental Hygienist in the state in which he or she wishes to work in. Students can move forward from an Associate of Science degree to a Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science degree in dental hygiene programs as well.
Schools in Baltimore offering Dental Hygienist Training Programs
Welcome to FORTIS
At FORTIS, students are provided the skills and training needed to enter careers in industries that have employment opportunity over time. What industries you ask? FORTIS offers career education and training programs in the nursing, healthcare, medical, dental, business, information technology, skilled trades, massage and cosmetology career fields. That makes Fortis a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes with a wide variety of educational choices!
FORTIS provides education and training for qualified applicants with the desire to better their career opportunities regardless of previous educational background. Now with forty FORTIS campus locations across the country in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia, more students have the opportunity to experience the FORTIS Difference!
All-State - Allied Health
All State was founded to provide you with the quality training necessary to meet your career objectives in many of the largest industries in the country ranging from Healthcare and trades to transportation. Many of the high demand industries have long recognized the need for professionally trained employees. By today’s rigid standards, the old “trial and error” and on-the-job training methods are unacceptable. There’s a better way!
All State is dedicated to preparing you to fill the employment opportunities available within many of these exciting industries. Our certification courses can prepare you for a lifetime of job security, stability, good income and benefits.
With All State you can achieve success. You can have a positive future, job satisfaction and financial freedom! It’s as simple as committing yourself to an education at All State Career School. We do more for you then just prepare you for a job. We want you to shine, so we give you critical career skills, confidence in your abilities and the extra boost of job placement assistance.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).