About Dental Hygienists Jobs
Dental hygienists work closely with dentists and assistants, primarily in the dentist office but also at clinics. They are part of a team of professionals who work with patients to provide superior service for their dental needs. A typical work day as a hygienist may include teaching oral health care to patients, taking x-rays, cleaning and polishing patients’ teeth and examining the gums for any sign of disease. The dental hygienist will also perform documentation on patient charts for the dentist regarding treatment and diagnosis. A hygienist must have excellent hand dexterity to be able to use the proper dental tools while cleaning and probing teeth and gums.
A dental hygienist must practice excellent sanitizing skills to avoid any contamination to or from the patient and the use of masks and rubber gloves are necessary at all time while working with patients. In some states a hygienist may be able to perform temporary fillings, periodontal dressings and the placement and sculpting of permanent fillings on teeth.
A hygienist should be available to work a varied schedule, both full and part time as well as evenings and sometimes weekends. Some hygienists may work for more than one dentist on a part-time basis to fulfil their schedule. One of the advantages of being a dental hygienist is the ability to work a varied schedule according to your lifestyle.
Average annual salary for a dental hygienist in Cincinnati, Ohio is approximately $63,410. This is one of the fastest growing occupations in the U.S. with a proposed growth of over 30% in the next 10 years.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
A dental hygienist must possess an associate degree as well as successfully passing a license exam to practice. In some states you must also pass a clinical exam to receive your license. This education is normally performed in a two year program at many community colleges, dental schools and universities and includes lab, clinical as well as hands on classroom instruction. Before you choose your schooling be sure the program is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Cincinnati
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).