The dental hygienist plays an important role in preventative dental health care. They inform patients on how best to maintain oral hygiene while at the same time assisting them in doing this. When a patient comes in, the dental hygienist, working with the dental assistant, will receive them amicably. On determining the nature of their visit, they will then proceed to clean their teeth by removing any soft and hard matter from the teeth. After doing this, the hygienist will then proceed to record the health statistics of that patient. If the patient is not undergoing further dental procedures then the dental hygienist will proceed to advise them on the best ways to maintain oral hygiene and health in order to prevent any dental diseases or conditions.
Training and Financial Aid
To become a licensed practicing dental hygienist, one must fulfill certain training requirements. Almost all states, including the state of Ohio, require that on completion of a dental hygienist course in one of the Cleveland dental hygienist schools, the student should sit for a written assessment test administered by the ADA Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations. This certification, if achieved, in addition to ones certificate, associate or undergraduate degree from the dental hygienist training school, is what opens the door to the work place. During one’s training, one may opt for financial aid. Information on this is available in the schools offering the courses.
On completion of the basic requirements, one may decide to advance further in order to get greater expertise as well as open more career opportunities. The advancements available include an associate degree, bachelor’s degree and masters. These advanced qualifications enable the professional to apply for more advanced dental hygienist jobs such as in research facilities, public institutions or in teaching institutions.
Cleveland Dental Hygienist Schools
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).