It takes around 2 years to complete a dental hygiene program at a Delaware dental hygienist school. Further education can take between 4 to 6 years. After completion of an associate’s degree, the student can take the exam to obtain their license.
See what dental hygienist schools in Delaware are available near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Delaware (DE)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Delaware Dental Hygienist Careers
Appearance can affect every area of your life. People are particularly concerned about their smile. Beautiful smiles are very attractive. Dental hygienists help keep our smiles white and healthy. Regular visits to the dentist can keep your pearly whites in good shape. Our exams usually start with an x-ray. The dental hygienist performs the x-ray. Also, they are trained to properly polish and clean teeth enamel. Hard and soft substances stick to our teeth; these substances cause decay. Thus, the dental hygienist uses special tools to remove this plaque and tartar.
Dental hygienists are interested in helping patients keep their teeth healthy. Oftentimes, the dental hygienist will give instructions on how to care for your pearly whites. Listening to these lessons can reduce your time in the dentist chair. Most dental problems are avoidable.
States can regulate the duties of dental hygienists. Each state decides the scope of the dental hygienist’s duties.
One state may allow this professional to give pain injections. Another state may forbid this. This authority makes the duties vary greatly from state to state.
Dental Hygienist’s Salaries in Delaware
Pay checks are good in dental hygiene. Average yearly salaries are above $65,000 in Delaware. The middle range of dental hygienists tends to be between $56,000 to $77,000 in Delaware. Advanced education provides ample opportunity for growth and advancement. Some dental hygienists decide to obtain an undergraduate or master level degree.
Career professionals are predicting massive growth in the dental industry. Baby boomers are requiring more dental services. Many older people have all their teeth. Thus, dental care must be administered. Growth is expected into 2020. Delaware is expected to have many jobs available in the coming years.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dental hygienist is important. This professional interacts a great deal with patients. Thus, a pleasant demeanor is important. A dentist will want a team player. It is essential for all members of the dental care team to work well together.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.