Dental hygienist schools in Idaho can help students prepare to join the workforce as professional dental hygienists working out of dentists’ offices, and in some cases for research or government purposes. Dental hygienist students study courses including sciences, dental practices, and general education courses, and may earn an associate’s degree, certificate or bachelor’s degree.
Explore the list of dental hygienist schools in Idaho below to see what programs are enrolling near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Idaho (ID)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Idaho Dental Hygienist Jobs
Before someone decides to become a dental hygienist it’s always a good idea to understand more about what the job is and what some of the primary job functions will be. It’s important for people to know that a dental hygienist is a necessary position at every dental office in the state of Idaho. Without them it would be very hard for a dentist to take care of a large client base.
Some of the important duties of someone that is hired in this field include cleaning teeth, examining for cavities and gum disease, helping patients with good hygiene habits, performing x-rays on teeth, and helping the dentist with any other necessary tasks. The best part about these types of jobs is the amount of pay that someone can earn without having to work full-time.
Job Outlook In Idaho
For those that plan to get an Associates degree in the state of Idaho and plan to work there as well, it may be helpful to understand which cities offer the best pay and have the most jobs available. Overall a dental hygienist in Idaho earns an average of $69,060.
With this type of job only requiring a two-year degree it makes it easy for those that are interested in this field of study. It is one of the top paying jobs that someone could get for the amount of education that is required.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.