Illinois dental hygienist schools are designed to provide students with professional education for the dental hygiene field. Dental hygienist schools in Illinois offer degree and certificate programs lasting from one to two years. Course curriculum generally covers life sciences, dental practices, and general education.
Explore the list below to see what Illinois dental hygienist schools are available near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Illinois (IL)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Illinois Dental Hygienist Careers
A dental hygienist is someone that works in a dental practice helping patients with their teeth. This includes lots of dental cleanings and dental hygiene instruction. Individuals that have this type of job are trying to help patients to keep their teeth in a healthy condition and encourage them to come in for their regular cleanings two times per year. It is also the duty of someone with this job title to perform examinations for gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. They also are required to perform x-rays and other duties that each individual dentist asks of them.
Job Outlook in Illinois
There are a lot of dental hygienist jobs available in the state of Illinois. There are several cities that someone could look for a job in and they would have a very good chance of finding one. Some of the top cities to get a job include Bloomington, Springfield, and Peoria. Chicago has the most jobs for this type of degree, but they also are a little over saturated meaning that there are not enough jobs for all those that are looking for one. Overall the average income for dental hygienists in Illinois is around $61,000.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.