In order to work as a Kentucky dental hygienist, it’s necessary to attend one of the dental hygienist schools in Kentucky. There are several dental hygienist schools offering associate’s degree, certificate and advanced degree programs in dental hygiene.
Explore Kentucky dental hygienist schools to see what programs are available near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Kentucky (KY)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Spencerian College has been educating students since 1892 and is part of the Sullivan University system which is Kentucky’s largest private college system with over 6,000 students. Spencerian offers career-focused curriculums in business, medical and technical fields. The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical and health care professions.
About Dental Hygienist Jobs In Kentucky
A dental hygienist’s job is to work on a patient’s teeth to help prevent diseases and to provide regular cleanings to help improve the appearance of the teeth. The job responsibilities for someone working in this field can be numerous, as most dentists rely heavily on their hygienists to perform much of the routine dental work. Some of these things include checking for cavities as well as gum disease, removing dental plaque, and taking x-rays.
Job Outlook In Kentucky
For many people, after graduating with a degree in dental hygiene, it is necessary to find a job. How much someone gets paid and the availability of jobs in a certain area is going to vary. Overall, dental hygienists in Kentucky earn on average around $57,020.
Another thing that needs to be considered before someone tries to get a job in a certain area is how many jobs are available for the number of people that are applying. The cities of Lexington and Louisville have an average amount of jobs available for applicants. The city of Owensboro has a higher number of jobs available compared to the number of people applying. This is important to pay attention to for anyone that is currently looking for a job in the state of Kentucky.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.