About Dental Hygienist Careers in Las Vegas
Bad habits can sometimes be hidden for a while; however, dental bad habits will rear their ugly heads eventually. Most of us know the do’s and don’ts of proper dental care. We have heard the voice of our friendly dental hygienist urging us to brush and floss regularly. The dental hygienist is the person that really focuses on the health of your teeth. They know that many problems can be prevented with better habits. Laziness is the major cause of dental problems. Our dental hygienist and dentist stress how spending a few extra minutes can reduce our dental visits.
Although the dental hygienist instructs, this is not the only major job duty. The dentist uses the support of the dental hygienist to perform major and minor procedures. This professional acts as a second set of hands. All of the equipment and tools are set up by the dental hygienist. Sterilization is an important job duty also.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Las Vegas
The salary for a Las Vegas dental hygienist is very competitive. In fact, the range of $55,000 to $75,000 per year is good. This means that within two years, a student can graduate and earn a good income. The ability to advance quickly is also highly attractive. Greater education and experience can pay off handsomely. Dental Hygienists across the state of Nevada earn an average of $88,620.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
All healthcare or dental care professions are regulated for patient safety. The dental hygienist position is no different. All states require a dental hygiene degree and a state license. These qualifications must be met before attaining a job as a dental hygienist. The minimum educational requirement is an associate’s degree in dental hygiene.
Jobs are on the mind of most people these days. Thus, there is no need to fear in the dental profession. The demand for qualified dental hygienists will increase significantly (over 30%) in the coming years. The graying baby boomers will need more dental care services.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Las Vegas, NV
Welcome to Carrington College – The Starting Point for Health Care Careers.
With roots that date back more than 45 years, Carrington College has helped to shape the careers of tens of thousands of students as they prepare to enter health care professions. Part of DeVry Education Group, Carrington College operates 18 campuses across 8 Western states through a broad range of programs that lead to certificates of achievement or associate degrees in medical, dental, administrative and veterinary fields.
Carrington College’s career-focused curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in their fields of study. Along with academic preparation and skills training, Carrington College students gain core institutional student learning outcomes in critical thinking, information management, and technical literacy. But it doesn’t end there. Personal and professional development, communication skills, respect, and responsibility are also emphasized throughout their education at Carrington College.
Students, faculty, and administrative staff at Carrington College are encouraged to pursue and achieve their highest potential. We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do and instill in our students the same aspirations. In doing so, we’re confident that our graduates will be prepared to begin working in the health care field and ready to meet the needs of patients.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.