A dental hygienist degree can be obtained from one of the dental hygienist schools in Missouri. Many community colleges offer these programs, which can last from around nine months to two years. See what Missouri dental hygienist schools are available nearby.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Missouri (MO)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Jobs in Missouri
The dental hygienist provides several services that contribute to dental care. Proper cleaning and polishing can improve your smile. In fact, cleaning and polishing every six months is important to your dental health. You can brush and floss at home; however, professional cleanings go beyond home cleanings. The dental hygienist is trained to clean in hard to reach areas. Also, these dental care professionals can teach you about caring for your teeth. Dental hygienists give tips and proper care guidelines to patients. They can point out areas that you may be missing.
The dental hygienist can take x-rays also. Some states allow them to administer pain medication, prepare temporary fillings, and other advanced duties. These duties are left to the discretion of the state. Each state mandates the job descriptions of the dental hygienist. The dental hygienist is an integral team member. Oftentimes, this professional works alongside the dentist. Dental assistants, dental hygienists, and dentists make up a large part of the dental profession. Specialists make up the other portion.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Missouri
Healthcare careers compensate well. The dental profession is a part of overall health. In fact, your dental health can impact your physical health. For this reason, dental hygienists receive excellent pay. Average salaries are around $65,000 in Missouri. Some dental hygienists make between $54,000 to $75,000 in Missouri. The combination of experience and education impacts salaries.
The dental hygiene profession has an excellent future ahead. Predictions indicate enormous growth in the coming years. Furthermore, retiring seniors will need many dental care services.
Roles and Responsibilities
A dental hygienist needs to be accurate and thorough. Errors are not good in any profession; however, dental hygiene is definitely a profession with a low tolerance for mistakes. Dependability and good people skills can contribute to continued success.