Intensive training in dental hygiene is accomplished during a two year associate program at one of the dental hygienist schools in New Hampshire. Graduates should hold a degree from an accredited dental hygiene program. This education allows the student to sit for the state license exam. A successful license exam thrusts the student into the field of dental hygiene.
Dental Hygienist Schools in New Hampshire (NH)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in New Hampshire
Dental health is a vital part of a healthy lifestyle. Did you know that gum disease can affect other bodily systems? Our body is a complex machine, and one system out of alignment can negatively affect other systems. That is why proper dental care is essential to maintaining overall health. Infections that go untreated can lead to serious problems in the mouth.
Furthermore, dentists are highly visible to everybody. Everyone focuses on the dentist; however, other members of the dental office provide very necessary support to the dentist. For example, the dental hygienist is the person that sees your teeth before the dentist. In fact, this professional cleans, polishes, and takes x-rays before the dentist comes in the room. Also, initial dental exams are performed by the dental hygienist. Then, the findings are recorded in your dental chart.
The duties of dental hygienists vary by state. One state may say dental hygienist can remove sutures, apply temporary fillings or give anesthetics. Other states can forbade dental hygienists to do these procedures. Thus, the state you work in will determine the extent of your duties. Moreover, your main job duty is to provide excellent customer service and dental care to patients. This does not change.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in New Hampshire
What job can you earn over $60,000 per year and only go to school for two years? Well, become a dental hygienist. New Hampshire dental hygienists earn between $55,450 to $78,700 per year. Surprisingly, some dental hygienists earn more than $90,500 per year. This is truly a great career.
Dental hygiene positions are expected to increase throughout the next ten years. This growth can be attributed to increasing elderly populations in the U.S. Many seniors are retiring and needing dental care services. The ability to find a job should not be a problem for the dental hygienist.
Roles and Responsibilities
Every healthcare professional must provide exceptional service. This is the standard of care that all dental and healthcare professionals should strive to meet. Dentists come to rely on their dental hygienists; they work together as a cohesive team.