Students looking for dental hygienist schools in New York have plenty of options to choose from. Generally, New York dental hygienist schools offer two-year associate degree programs and 4-year bachelor’s degree programs, as well as one-year certificate programs for those who already hold a degree. The dental hygienist education covers topics ranging from hands-on dental practices to life sciences and general education.
See what dental hygienist schools in New York are enrolling today.
Dental Hygienist Schools in New York (NY)
Elmira Business Institute
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
Advantages offered by Elmira Business Institute include:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accelerated, career-centered training in a wide range of industries
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition planning
- Lifetime career assistance
- Two convenient campus locations
Complete one of EBI’s Certificate Programs:
- General Business
- General Office Assistant
- Small Business Management
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Office Assistant
Earn your Associate Degree:
- Business Administration
- Office Technologies
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist
EBI holds Accreditation through New York State Board of Regents, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
EBI is proud to support our country’s veterans and has been approved for veterans benefits.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Overview of a New York Dental Hygienist
Dental hygienists are professionals who work along side a dentist in a dental office. In New York, dental hygienists perform various tasks including a basic teeth cleaning, X-rays, and teaching patients how to properly clean their teeth to prevent any future problems. They sometimes work along side a dentist when performing more complicated tasks such removing teeth or filling cavities in a patient. They are considered a very important person in any dental office.
Dental Hygienist Salary in New York
The average salary for a dental hygienist in New York is approximately $68,440 annually. The average is based on the number of years of experience you have, so this number may be more or less. Benefits usually include paid holidays, vacation and in some cases, bonuses are awarded based on the company performance.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.