Dental hygienists in North Dakota should be graduates of one of the dental hygienist schools in North Dakota offering certificate and degree programs in dental hygiene. It takes the average student one to two years to complete these programs. Advanced studies in dental hygiene are covered in bachelor and master level programs, where students can expect to advance more quickly with these higher credentials.
Dental Hygienist Schools in North Dakota (ND)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in North Dakota
The main focus of a dental hygienist is dental health. Disease prevention is their aim. Thus, dental hygienists spend time educating their patients on proper dental health procedures. These professionals can focus on areas of the teeth that are not receiving proper care. Oftentimes, the toothbrush is not a good design for the patient, or the patient is simply carelessly brushing teeth. Plaque coloration solutions can reveal just how much plaque remains on the teeth.
The dental hygienist is a key partner in the success of most dental practices. Some dentists go it alone; however, those dental practices are unable to provide the same time and attention to each patient. The dentist that has a capable dental hygienist can devote their time to more complex matters. Thus, time is not wasted on routine dental treatments. Duties can change from state to state. Each state has the ability to decide what job functions can be performed by the dental hygienist. Some states will allow this professional to give a patient an anesthetic; other states will only allow the dentist this authority.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in North Dakota
The typical yearly salary of a dental hygienist in North Dakota is $64,000. This is an average salary range. Many dental hygienists earn between $55,500 to $78,560 in North Dakota. Higher salaries are possible also; for example, some dental hygienists earn more than $90,000 per year. These professionals have extensive experience and education in more advanced techniques in dental hygiene.
The profession of dental hygiene has a positive future. More dental hygienists will be needed, and the demand will often exceed the supply. Unemployment is projected to stay relatively low.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dental hygienist is expected to work well with patients and staff members. A calm demeanor is needed. The volume of tasks that are required will demand a clear, stable mind. Also, the successful dental hygienist will be reliable and very detail oriented.