Training at one of the dental hygienist schools in Ohio usually takes about two years. Dental hygienist must have at least the associate level degree qualification before practicing in this field. In addition, Ohio mandates that dental hygienist must be licensed by the state. See what dental hygienist schools in Ohio are enrolling.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Ohio (OH)
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in Ohio
Most of us can remember a dental experience that was enhanced by a pleasant dental hygienist. Who is the dental hygienist, and what function does this team member serve? The dental hygienist is the primary team member that focuses on improving dental health. Patients must visit the dentist and have major problems corrected; however, the dental hygienist is one of the defense mechanisms against decay. It is suggested that we receive two dental cleanings per year. This routine care will reduce the likelihood of cavities. In addition, the dental hygienist will recommend that you brush and floss teeth thoroughly several times per day.
Education is one of the major duties of the dental hygienist. Patients learn how to better care for their smiles. Also, the dental hygienist performs other preventative measures. For example, applying sealants to the teeth will reduce the chances of decay. Coating the teeth with fluoride also reduces decay; however, ultimately, the patient must keep their mouth clean to prevent decay.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Ohio
Beautiful smiles are powerful, and people are spending more money on their teeth. This increases the demand for dental care; thus, dental care professionals are paid well. For example, the average dental hygienist in Ohio makes approximately $55,768 starting out in their career. When more experience is attained, the professional can make upwards of $65,000. Some even get to salaries over $90,000.
Professionals and industry experts are predicting tremendous growth in the dental care field. The demand for more dental hygienist is expected to grow. Thus, more jobs will be coming available for dental hygienists. The demand primarily will come from older patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dentist fixes major and complex dental problems. The dental hygienist tends to take care of your teeth. Ideally, the dental hygienist can help you prevent major problems from happening. Patients look to their dental hygienist to instruct them on proper procedures. This professional is expected to be helpful and skilled.