To become a Dental Hygienist in Oregon, the course of study takes two years to receive an Associates degree, or for a Bachelors degree for more specialized training it would take four years. You also would have the option to stay in your studies and receive a Masters degree. See what Oregon dental hygienist schools are available near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Oregon (OR)
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that follows a new direction. Charter College is neither a liberal arts college, a university, nor a vocational school. Instead, Charter College borrows certain elements from each of those respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience for our students.
We offer career training programs in the growing fields of health care, business, law, criminal justice, information technology, and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today’s workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Roles and Responsibilities of a Dental Hygienist
A Dental Hygienists duties range across a large spectrum of skills, from record keeping to removing sutures and advising patients in proper care of their teeth including suggesting a schedule for future procedures . You will work under the supervision of a dentist helping patients who are nervous or frightened feel calmer and more at ease with the procedure they are having performed on their teeth, while assisting the dentist with instruments and surgeries.
A Dental Hygienist can expect to earn between $32 and $38 per hour depending on the geographical region and the business for which they work, as well as amount of experience in the field. They are needed in private dental offices, schools, retirement homes, and many other facilities where medical aid is offered. It is estimated that by 2018 there will be a need for 1600 more Dental Hygienists across Oregon.
Student Financial Aid
Once you have enrolled into the course of study you may apply for financial aid. There are several programs available and all will be examined to see if they fit your needs. Financial Aid is allotted depending on your family’s financial situation and any scholarships you may already have earned.