A dental hygiene student can join the workforce as a dental hygienist by obtaining an associate’s degree or certificate from a Pennsylvania dental hygienist school. These programs consist of hands-on experience and internships, as well as classroom course work. This will allow each student to get a feel for the job and what will be required of them. Most associate’s degree programs are around two years long.
Browse the list below to see what dental hygienist schools in Pennsylvania are available near you.
Dental Hygiene Schools in Pennsylvania (PA)
Elmira Business Institute
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
Advantages offered by Elmira Business Institute include:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accelerated, career-centered training in a wide range of industries
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition planning
- Lifetime career assistance
- Two convenient campus locations
Complete one of EBI’s Certificate Programs:
- General Business
- General Office Assistant
- Small Business Management
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Office Assistant
Earn your Associate Degree:
- Business Administration
- Office Technologies
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist
EBI holds Accreditation through New York State Board of Regents, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
EBI is proud to support our country’s veterans and has been approved for veterans benefits.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
About Dental Hygienist Careers in Pennsylvania
The field of dental hygiene is fast becoming one of the most popular fields of study. It is a challenging career that offers graduates an opportunity to work in a fast paced, people oriented office setting. The job requires graduates to understand the basics in x-ray procedures as they will be required to perform this duty on patients needing extensive dental work. They handle routine teeth cleaning visits to allow the dentist to provide more attention to each of clients and they may have to get a tooth impression from patients who are having crowns replaced or dentures fitted. This role is important and keeps the office running the most efficient.
The state of Pennsylvania offers its students an opportunity of earning a scholarship that is valued at $1,500. A dental hygienist in Pennsylvania can earn $60,000. This price range depends on years of experience, and which part of the state you are applying in. Cities like Allentown, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia has the highest job availability while Philadelphia, Harrisburg and Reading are leading the pack in annual salary earnings. If you are considering becoming a dental hygienist in the state of Pennsylvania you can expect it to be both a lucrative and rewarding career path.