Most Dental Hygienists in San Antonio, Texas attain their position through an Associate’s Degree program at one of the dental hygienist schools in San Antonio. Associate’s programs are offered at many of these schools, usually being completed within two years on a full course load. Also available are bachelor’s and master’s degrees in dental hygiene, which typically take four and two years to complete, respectively.
See the list below to find San Antonio dental hygienist schools near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in San Antonio, TX
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
College of Health Care Professions
Change your career! Change your life!
The College of Health Care Professions is a great place for working adults to enhance their current careers, or help themselves find new career pathways to better lives. We also train high school graduates to enter in the exciting high demand Healthcare industry.
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing – Health Information Technology
*Some programs may only be offered at certain locations.
The College of Health Care Professions also features:
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Job placement assistance to graduates
- Tutorials for all programs
- Convenient day and evening classes
- Four convenient locations
- Friendly customer service oriented staff
If you’re ready to forge a new direction in your life with better career options in the rewarding Health Care Industry, don’t hesitate to find out more about The College of Health Care Professions today!
College of Heath Care Professions is approved and regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission – Career Schools and Colleges. Authorized by the United States Department of Education for participation in the certain Title IV. HEA programs (Pell Grant Program and Federal Direct Student Loan Program). Regulated by the Texas Department of State Health Services for LMRT and Massage Program. AN approved vendor of the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS). A provider of educational training for the Workforce Investment Act. Approved by Veterans Affairs to train eligible veterans.
The College of Health Care Professions – Austin
6505 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
The College of Health Care Professions – Dallas
8390 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Dallas, TX 75243
The College of Health Care Professions – Fort Worth
4248 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76137
The College of Health Care Professions – Houston Northwest
240 Northwest Mall Blvd.
Houston, TX 77092
The College of Health Care Professions – Houston Southwest
One Arena Place
7322 Southwest Freeway Suite 110
Houston, TX 77074
The College of Health Care Professions – McAllen
1917 Nolana Ave
McAllen, TX 78504
The College of Health Care Professions – San Antonio
4738 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229
The College of Health Care Professions is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) for both degree and non-degree programs.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
About Dental Hygienist Careers in San Antonio
When most people think of dental care, they generally think of dentists and orthodontists, people possessing advanced degrees and specializing in very specific areas of dental care. However, a functional dental practice would be incomplete without the support of teams of dental hygienists, trained professionals who have a wide range of skills and knowledge relating to dental care and good oral hygiene. While many of their duties consist of preparing and examining patients visiting a dentist, the dental hygienists are also important specialists in their own right and will often undertake many oral care procedures on their own. Additionally, they are the first person a patient visiting a dentist’s office will meet and are very involved in the preliminary planning for treatment procedures. Due to their flexibility and wide range of expertise, dental hygienists can also be found in places that would not normally retain a dentist, such as hospitals, elderly care facilities, and schools.
Salary and Benefits
Average salary for a dental hygienist in San Antonio, Texas was about $58,000. Pay varies from job to job and generally increases with experience and seniority. In addition, many workplaces offer additional benefits such as healthcare plans, vacation time, pensions, and 401K/403b plans that make the job even more worthwhile.