A dental hygienist in Tennessee is required to have either an associates degree or certificate in dental hygiene. Many people receive their bachelors or masters degree from one of the dental hygienist schools in Tennessee, which does increase chances of promotion or higher paying jobs. Once a student graduates they must be certified to practice in the state that they intend to work in. See what dental hygienist schools in Tennessee are enrolling near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Tennessee (TN)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienists
Dental Hygienists usually work in private dental offices in which they work one on one with patients. They provide information about oral care for patients, including the type of toothbrush, tooth paste and floss to use. They also check the gums and teeth for problems, such as disease. In some states, the dental hygienist will administer local anesthesia if it is needed, as well as perform tests for the dentist to evaluate later.
The unemployment rate for dental hygienists is very low. In fact, the job outlook for dental hygienists is expected to increase by 36% by the year 2018. There is an estimated 60,000 or more jobs that will become available for dental hygienists by the year 2018. More employment opportunities will be available in higher populated cities and urban areas when compared to more rural areas.
The median salary for dental hygienists is $66,570. Many people may earn more or less depending upon their job location. Many dental hygienists are paid hourly, salary per day or on commission depending upon their employer preference. Most dental hygienists work part time or full time, this once again depends on the hygienist as well as their employer. Also, many hygienists may work at more than one dental office.