Many dental hygienist schools in Virginia require you to take a test to get in. Each programs requirement has to do with the state that the school is in and the regulations. It is important to make sure when you are applying to school that the school you are going to will prepare you for the requirements expected by the state you plan on working in. See what Virginia dental hygienist schools are available nearby.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Virginia (VA)
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Jobs
If you have ever given any thought or consideration to becoming a dental hygienist there is no better time like the present to get started. Well trained and educated Dental hygienists are in demand. Working as a dental hygienist is a great career move. You will have the opportunity to work in a healthy, clean and friendly environment while helping people at the same time. In order to become a dental hygienist you will have to gain some formal education. Each state has different rules and regulations as to what you will need before working a dental office or clinic. In some states it is more common to get most of your training while working on the job while in others you will be required to have some schooling first.
The average salary for a full time dental Hygienist in the state of Virginia is approximately $60,000 depending on the office you are working in and the amount of hours per week that you are working. It is very common for a dental hygienist to work part time in two different dental offices.
Before going to school to become a dental hygienist you will have to have your high school diploma or GED. Once you have either one of these you will be able to apply to a community college where you can study to become a dental hygienist while getting your associates or you can apply and take classes at a vocational school or dental school. Either way you will be able to graduate with the necessary credentials to become a dental hygienist.