Minnesota dental hygienists can enroll in any of the available Minnesota dental hygienist schools to earn an associate’s degree in dental hygiene. These programs last around two years and cover medical and science topics related to dentistry. Students interested in going further in their careers can obtain a bachelor’s or master’s level degree.
See what Minnesota dental hygienist schools are available near you.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Minnesota (MN)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in Minnesota
Dental care is an important aspect of overall healthcare. Proper cleaning procedures severely limit the risk of cavities. Dental hygienists are dental care professionals that specialize in cavity prevention. They are trained to completely remove plaque and calcified plaque. Manual dexterity aids in accurately removing plaque. Dental hygienists teach their patients proper dental care, and they warn them of possible problems.
A dentist will hire a good hygienist to assist with cleanings, x-rays, and some dental procedures. This professional must be skilled and reliable. Also, good people skills is a necessity. A dental hygienist must truly enjoy people; they are in constant contact with patients. A dental hygienist often sees a patient more than the dentist. Actually, this is a better situation. This means there are no major dental problems. States can greatly regulate the other duties of dental hygienists. Advanced dental care duties must be authorized by the individual state.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Minnesota
The typical dental hygienist can earn $66,000 in Minnesota. Some salaries range from $54,000 to $78,000. Exceptional dental hygienists can make $91,000 per year. These highly paid professionals have extensive experience and education.
Unemployment is consistently low in dental hygiene. Moreover, the labor department projects incredible job growth in the next ten to twelve years. Our seniors will need good preventative dental care. They are keeping their teeth much longer than previous older people. Also, babies and toddlers are going to the dentist sooner.
Retiring dentists make room for younger dentists; therefore, dental hygienist will be needed for these new dentists.
Roles and Responsibilities
Each healthcare professional has a duty to provide exceptional patient care. A good dental hygienist will be professional, reliable, courteous, and skilled. A dentist expects the dental hygienist to partner with other team members. The partnership creates an excellent dental practice.