Qualifications to practice as a dental hygienist in Nevada include the following: an associate dental hygiene degree and a dental hygiene state license. Both of these standards must be met before obtaining employment. Most students take about 2 years to obtain an associate level degree in dental hygiene by attending one of the dental hygienist schools in Nevada. Community colleges around the U.S offer accredited dental hygiene degrees. Career advancement is contingent on higher level education. Obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree can assist you in being promoted.
Dental Hygienist Schools in Nevada (NV)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in Nevada
First impressions can only be made once. Your smile is one of the single most powerful things people remember about you. This can be good or bad. Thus, the dental care profession is extremely important. Also, a tooth ache can cause pain like nothing else. This pain can halt everything else; you can not just ignore a tooth ache. This ache demands fast attention. Dental hygienists are key players in the dental care field. Their training allows them to polish and clean your teeth, and they can take beautiful x-rays also. These pictures reveal what is going on in your mouth.
The dental hygienist usually works with a dentist and dental assistant. Dental hygienists are more highly qualified than a dental assistant. These professionals can record gum and some dental problems. Many cleanings must go beyond the gum, and the dental hygienist can perform these.
Roles and Responsibilities
The dental hygienist works with the dentist. Oftentimes, the close working relationship between a dentist and a dental hygienist are the core elements of a successful practice. A pleasant attitude and attention to detail are important qualities to possess. Dental care is totally customer service oriented. Thus, excellent care must be given to patients.
Dental Hygienist Salaries in Nevada
Most dental hygienists in Nevada earn between $55,500 to $78,900 per year. Some professionals in dental hygiene earn in excess of $90,000 annually.
Human Resource professionals estimate the number of jobs in dental hygiene will grow by 36% in the next 10 to 13 years. The majority of the increase will come from aging seniors. This population of people are retiring, and they still have natural teeth. Seniors will need preventative dental services to preserve their teeth.