Dental hygienist schools in North Carolina are designed to help students gain the education they need to join the workforce as dental hygienists. These programs last from one to two years and cover topics in dental practices, life sciences, and hands-on skills. See what North Carolina dental hygienist schools are enrolling.
Dental Hygienist Schools in North Carolina (NC)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Hygienists: Overview and Employment
Dental Hygienists are involved with patients in a one on one basis. Therefore, its important the a person like to meet and socialize with new people everyday in order to for the career to be satisfying. Dental hygienists inform patients on proper teeth and gum care, such as how to floss, the type of toothbrush to use and whatnot. In some states, dental hygienists on top of their normal duties also administer local anesthesia to patients if it is necessary. Many time hygienists work side by side with dentists and assist them however needed.
The unemployment rate for dental hygienists is very low across the United States. It is predicted that employment will rise by 30% by 2006. And by the year 2018, there are expected to be an addition 60,000 or more jobs nationwide. In the state of North Carolina, the employment for dental hygienists are higher in more populated areas such as Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham or Asheville. Less populated areas still have dental hygienists jobs, however they are not as in demand.
The median salary for dental hygienists is $66,570. However, for those working in more highly populated areas, that amount could increase. Likewise, for those working in less populated areas, the amount may lower. The amount will also fluctuate based on part time or full time positions, and being paid a salary, hourly or on commission.
Education and Training
A high school diploma or its equivalent as well as scores from the SAT or ACT’s is required to enter into almost any post-secondary school. Once accepted, students will then begin their studies of classes such as chemistry and biology towards their degree. Once students have graduated, they need to get licensed by the state in which they plan to practice. This will involve a written and an oral test.