Dental hygienist schools in South Carolina may be community colleges, career schools or junior colleges. These schools offer degree and certificate programs in dental hygiene designed for students seeking to join the workforce as dental hygienists. See what dental hygienist schools in South Carolina are available by using the list below.
Dental Hygienist Schools in South Carolina (SC)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Hygienist Careers in South Carolina
Each year more and more individuals are moving into the field of dentistry in the role of dental hygienists as the demand for their position increases dramatically. As people live longer, retain their natural teeth or require cosmetic procedures the need for dental hygienists in offices around the country has surpassed the amount of qualified professionals available.
In some areas the demand is so great that one dental hygienist might float between different offices to assist; imagine being the go-to person when a dentist needs help in the office, what a sense of accomplishment that will instill in you! So what does a dental hygienist do? You will be surprised at the list: remove hard and soft deposits from teeth, take x-rays, remove tartar, examines the gums and, in some states, administers anesthetic prior to surgical procedures and removing sutures.
Roles and Responsibilities of Dental Hygienists
If it sounds like you will be working alongside a dentist performing important procedures all day then you have read correctly. As dental offices become inundated with more patients each year they rely on qualified and caring dental hygienists to assist with and expedite their heavier workload.
These individuals also prepare the dental chair for incoming patients, review their charts with the dentist beforehand, and are often responsible for the follow-up paperwork and speaking with the patient about any further concerns. In many offices they are responsible for educating the patient on better dental hygiene practices and how to execute them at home.
Studying to become a dental hygienist in South Carolina is a lucrative investment in your future; on average, the annual salary is $60,000 per year according to salary.com. In two years or less you can be well on your way to finding a position that is both mentally and financially rewarding.