Dental hygienist schools in West Virginia provide the background education you need to become a licensed dental hygienist. Junior colleges, career schools and other institutions offer dental hygiene courses designed for students seeking to build a career in dental hygiene, with programs lasting one to two years. See what dental hygienist schools in West Virginia are available nearby.
Dental Hygienist Schools in West Virginia (WV)
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Hygienists: Overview, Employment
Dental Hygienists usually work in private dental offices in which they work one on one with patients. Having good people skills is a must for the career to be satisfying. The hygienist provides information to patients on proper oral care, such as types of floss to use, etc. They also check teeth and gums for diseases or problems. On many occasions hygienists work with dentists to perform procedures on patients.
The unemployment rate for dental hygienists is very low. In fact, the job outlook for dental hygienists is expected to increase by 36% by the year 2018. In West Virginia, the cities of Wheeling, Weirton and Morgantown have more jobs readily available since they are more heavily populated areas.
The median salary for dental hygienists is $66,570. The people earning the highest salary in West Virginia have jobs located in Morgantown, Huntington, and Wheeling. Depending upon the area the person is employed will affect their income. As well as their level of education will have some affect on income. Working part time or full time will also affect the income level. However, most dental hygienists located in West Virginia work part time at about 35 or so hours per week.
Education and Training
In order to become a dental hygienist the student must complete a dental hygiene program at a school that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Which, the majority of those schools that offer dental hygienist programs are accredited by this association. Once students are admitted into the program which requires a high school diploma or equivalent, they must graduate and then seek certification for the state they intend to work in. These certification is two tests, one oral and one written.